The San Diego Chapter Registrar is Ray Raser. As Registrar, he will help you through the membership application process and shepherd your application through our State and National Headquarters to obtain your membership. Ray is knowledgeable, helpful and energetic! You may contact Ray by:
Escondido, CA 92025-7623
SAR Member Eligibility
Any man may join who meets the following requirements:
- 18 years or older.
- A citizen of good repute in the community.
- A lineal descendant of an ancestor who was at all times unfailing in loyalty to, and rendered active service in the cause of, American Independence either as an officer, soldier, seaman, marine, militiaman or minuteman, in the armed forces of the Continental Congress, of any one of the several Colonies or States, as a signer of the Declaration of Independence, as a member of a Committee of Safety or Correspondence, as a member of any Continental, Provincial, or Colonial Congress or Legislature or as a recognized patriot who performed actual service by overt acts of resistance to the authority of Great Britain.
- Do not advocate the overthrow of the Government of the United States by use of force or violence.
- Regular Member – 18 years old or over, pays dues annually.
- Jr. Member – Under 18 years old, pays modest dues annually.
- Life Member – 18 years old or over and paid a Life Membership fee.
Member Emeritus Levels
- State: 50 years consecutive membership paid state dues.
- National: 50 years consecutive membership paid national dues.
You must be a male, age 18 years old minimum, and a direct descendant of a participant in the Revolutionary War. To be classified as participant, he could either be a soldier, a signer of various documents, holding public office or a supplier of goods, etc. With such a high percentage of the population involved in the war effort, and since the war occurred about 7 or 8 generations ago, there is a high probability that you have a patriot ancestor. Contact us and we will help you find one.
Regular Membership Application Fees
- National Processing Fee and Dues: $115.00
- California Society Fees and Dues: $20.00
- San Diego Chapter Fees and Dues: $35.00
Total Required: $170.00
If more than one member of a family applies at the same time, claiming the same patriot ancestor, the National fees and dues are reduced by $50.00 after the first application.
Junior Membership Application Fees
- National Processing Fee and Dues: $35.00
Junior members must be under 18 years of age.
National Life Membership Fees
- National Life Membership: $900.00 if member is age 40 or under. This fee decreases by $15.00 for every year over 40.
- California Society Fees and Dues are pro-rated based upon age.
Supplemental Application Fees
- National Fee: $60.00
- California Society Fee: $10.00
- San Diego Chapter Fee: $35.00
Members who have more than one patriot ancestor can apply for supplemental certificates to show alternate bloodlines to their other patriot ancestors.
Annual Membership Dues
- National Dues: $35.00
- National Junior Dues: $5.00
- California Society Dues: $20.00
- San Diego Chapter Dues: $25.00