We can team you up with a compatriot to help you on your quest for membership. The San Diego Chapter Registrar is Ray Raser. As Registrar, he will help you through the membership application process and shepherd your application through our State and National Headquarters to obtain your membership. He may be reached at email@example.com.
Before contacting Ray, you can find more information about the process by looking at the following documents. We recommend looking at them in the sequence presented.
- Guide to Completing the SAR Application
- Most Commonly Used Documents to Support SAR Applications
- Repositories for most commonly used sources of documents to support SAR Applications
- Preparation of Application Requirements
- Application Worksheet
SAR Member Eligibility
Any man may join who meets the following requirements:
- 18 years or older
- A citizen of good repute in the community
- A lineal descendant of an ancestor who was at all times unfailing in loyalty to, and rendered active service in the cause of, American Independence either as an office, soldier, seaman, marine, militiaman or minuteman, in the armed forces of the Continental Congress, of any one of the several Colonies or States, as a signer of the Declaration of Independence, as a member of a Committee of Safety or Correspondence, as a member of any Continental, Provincial, or Colonial Congress or Legislature or as a recognized patriot who performed actual service by overt acts of resistance to the authority of Great Britain.
- Do not advocate the overthrow of the Government of the United States by use of force or violence.